Sunday 31 December 2017, the Feast of the Holy Family, marked a special milestone in the history of the Parish when Mr Raymund Livesey MBE, Organist and Choirmaster, equalled and now overtakes, the record 64 years set by his predecessor, Richard (Little Dick) Billington, who was organist from 1889 until he tendered his resignation in late 1953, effective from 31 December 1953 (64 years of service). Raymund succeeded him on 1 January 1954 which means that the Parish has had only two organists in 128 years! To mark this historic, and surely record breaking, milestone, a reception was held in St Mary’s Priory following the 11am Solemn Mass to which choir members past and present, with spouses, and a number of friends were invited. Also present were Fr Mark Harold, Parish Priest, who is pictured here paying tribute to Raymund; Fr Colin Battell OSB, Assistant Priest; Sr. Mary Higney RNDM, Parish Sister; and Sr. Louise Shields RNDM, Parish Sister, Our Lady of Lourdes and St Gerard Majella, Lostock Hall. Congratulations Raymund!